Privacy and Consent
Personal information collected by Gold Coast Recreation & Sport Inc. is protected by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017. The organisation is guided by the Australian Privacy Principles in the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
GCRS only collects information that is directly relevant to safe and effective support, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide the most effective and appropriate support to you;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to offer additional benefits to you, about our services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties where we have consent from you to do so. We may disclose information for the following purposes:
- to service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their service;
- to our employees;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our (and your) legal rights.
Personal information, provided by you will not be stored or disclosed to any third parties who reside outside Australia.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, medical needs or health information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our office.